Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Sleeping Giant Hamden, CT August 23 2013

This was a new set of trails to me, and luckily I had a good guide who knew her stuff. We touched base on every trail we could. The overall level of hiking wasn't very stressful on the knees but had some great views. I really did enjoy the trails and company, they had some nice cliff over hangs that let you look down and over the rise.
Looking down the Giant is broken down into many sections head, arm, legs, torso each with trails going over and under these body parts, while I have a decent imagination, I really couldn't see them. There are alot of unmarked trails that if you are talking and not paying attention you can walk right down, and off your direction. Several times we did this but so many trails intercross you really find your way fast. The rock outbreaks on the lower half , really look neat, and to me remind me of old bear caves, dark forbidden and in the right time of the day you could scare the daylights out of someone.

Overall this is a nice enjoyable hike, you could spend several hours there and not cover all the grounds, and if you have the time, there are hidden pirate trails, no not really but the markings up top for the polo field really look like pirate swords and caused me lots of amusement. So I would say if you are in the area, well worth the hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment