Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Mount Monadnock NH June 23 2013

Mount Monadnock in New Hampshire, one of my favorite climbs to date. This was my first Doot lead the way up with my friend Tom. This was his first time hiking and he did a really good job, with no complaints. We chose to go the hardest way up, all rock, steep, and don't you dare slip. Granted my New Balance hiking shoes, not the best choice for this path, but we did it anyways.
Tom heading up, as people look on.


This is the trail i would personally take everytime I go up, its a work out. Every peak leads to another peak to climb, with a view to kill for. We did this in the middle of the hottest week in New England not the smartest choice, but was helping Tom prepare for Mudder, not that he needed it, he wanted to do it. I know his Team will be doing it again in 2014, and I know they will do just as great as they did. Back to the trails though, up top, how do I explain, you can see several miles, just you, the sky and this day about seventy five people. I think they all had the same idea. It was to nice of a day to pass up.
Half-way there.


One oddity that still bothered me, when you get to summit, there are little small pounds, or puddles rather, with countless frogs. How did they get there, to this date it still boggles my mind. I don't mean one or two, I mean hundreds, I got a good chuckle out of it. We at this point really didn't have one trail to go down, we had several. If i recall correctly we started down one, and mid way decided to shimmy across the top to another trail Everything is very well marked, but i wanted to see as much as possible before we ran out of time.
You won't find this sitting at home.




 


No comments:

Post a Comment