Sunday, June 8, 2014

May 31st

Tough Mudder - A year in the works, I had everyone I love from CT with me for my first go on Mount Snow. I have hiked Mount Snow before several times, and the miles, I was not worried about what so ever. To me this was a 10 mile hike with family, and some mini events thrown in the mix. The weather was a touch on the cold, and grey skies at some points. Our 9:30 start time ended up at 10:20 due the massive amount of people running on saturday. I can't exactly remember the order of each obstacle, I know the ones that as a non swimmer were going to bother me were the Arctic Enema and Walk the Plank.  Both in this weather were brutal to me, but neither would make me feel I could not do it. Everyone i was with said the same simple thing, don't think just jump. And that's exactly what i did.
Holy Crap cold batman.



To be honest the only one I really felt I couldn't do was a simple climb a rope over a wall, it was mid way point, we had been waiting for 40 mins to get to the obstacle and in that cold I so lacked the upper body strenght and the desire to mark a trail over climb a wall was killing me ha. What I did enjoy about the entire event was the course went up down all around the mountain it was not one steady climb to the top, in fact it never reached the summit. The weather made the mountain extra muddy, over knee deep. It seriously was like walking in sludge, but super fun.
Keep on trucking.
Honestly this one was of the greatest experiences to date, and I plan on doing the one in Maine at the end of August as well. It pushes you to, dig deep, focus on each step, and climb over everything they throw in your way.With my family by myside out there, there was not even one hint of this is to tough, I will say after all was said and done, we got back to the hotel we all were staying at, I took a hot shower, and boom out like a light. Demanding on the body, and dehydration beat me, but I totally beat tough mudder, and will do so again. But this is what a year in the works, the legs were fine, the spirit was high, and I know i need to work on my upper body strenght.
Burns,Myk,Ian,Me,Bryan,Jessy,Tarik. 
And the best tough mudder team out there to date..Looking forward to Mount Snow again next year, and Maine in a few months.
Keep on walking folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment