Monday, March 3, 2014

Feb 2nd Ragged Mountain NH

Andover NH, A nice little mountain, myself and my friend Dan decided to hit up a day trip. First experience here, and to say the least, I really enjoyed myself. About an hour and a half from where I live, so the trip wasn't bad at all, woke up early and headed out. The weather conditions were not ideal from the cape but when we got there there was plenty of snow to go around.
Not a bad snow day for NH.   

 First trail of the day, right smack in the middle blue, went down it, and fell on my arse the entire trail, brand new ski's my friend Jake gave to me, along with boots. I thought maybe it was learning error from the new equipment. Dan met up with me shortly after and said Man that middle trail was complete ice. Never second guess myself again, I ripped the entire rest of the day. I found the rest of the entire place, really comfortable, the blue's and the one black I did, really not challenging but alot of fun. Ragged is semi out of the way, no lines, the trails were wide open, and some of the glades I didn't do looked like straight forward. Next trip I swear.
Dan strapping in, top of the peak.


 
 
Ragged has some really small neat lifts, i totally say try them all, even the kiddie one went over some cool bridges, and small rivers. I would say If you are new to sking, or just want to get away from the crowds, well worth the ticket price. Worth the drive for me, maybe after a good powder day this place could be killer.

No comments:

Post a Comment